Business people, entrepreneurs, athletes, musicians and others are adamant about one thing: If you want to succeed in whatever you do, you have to stay focused.
This means that you must keep the task and goals in sight and your thoughts steadfast on the end result.
Because of that, every morning when I wake up, I expect something wonderful to happen and throughout the day I keep looking for it. It sets me up for enjoying the day and gives me a mindset of positive expectation and glorious appreciation.
If I experience doubt, expect the worse and dwell on those thoughts, I am creating what I don’t want. This is self-sabotage at its best. Sabotage is my greatest enemy and the results of the sabotage set me up for failure and disappointment every time. Instead, I focus on what I do want, not on what I don’t want and I am always happy with the outcome. This is what you can do right now to avoid the disillusionment of self-sabotage:
- When you wake up in the morning, put your attention on what you want for the day. Spend about one minute going over your goals and desires and visualize what you would like to happen. See it play out the way you want it to go and even rehearse your responses as if it actually happened.
- Enjoy the feelings you will have if you already manifested what you are thinking. Make the feelings as intense as possible. Stay in those feelings for a few moments.
- Surround yourself with things that remind you of your desired goals. In other words, look in a magazine for pictures of your ideal job, weight, or vacation. Spend time with people who have experienced what you want, whether its a terrific relationship, awesome job or great vacation spot.
- Focus your thoughts on the things that bring you happiness and joy. It is very important to acknowledge all the good you DO have and to let others know. Always remember that no matter what your situation, there are always things to be grateful for.
- Be proactive in creating your desires. Don’t just sit around and wait for things to happen. You will notice that once you set your mind on something, you will become more aware of people, resources and opportunities that are related to what you want. This makes it easier to go after it.
- Know that everything is working in your favor. When you make a great business connection, acknowledge. When you lose 1 lb, acknowledge that. When you meet a great partner, acknowledge that, too. The more you recognize that things are working, the more it will continue to be created in your life.
If you make a commitment to stay focused on what you want, take actions daily to make it happen, keep your confidence that it will happen and maintain your gratitude, you will move forward in creating your desired and fulfilled life.
Amy Sherman is a blogger with JenningsWire Online Magazine. You can read more posts by Amy here.
The online feature magazine, JenningsWire.com, is created by National PR Firm, Annie Jennings PR that specializes in providing book promotion services to self-published and traditionally published authors. Annie Jennings PR books authors, speakers and experts on major high impact radio talk interview shows, on local, regionally syndicated and national TV shows and on influential online media outlets and in prestigious print magazines and newspapers across the country.