Norma Yaeger, who in 1962, was the first woman stockbroker to be registered with and walk the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Prior to this, women were not permitted. She demanded equal pay for equal work and got it; even before equal pay was a catch phrase.
Norma is the author of the upcoming book Breaking Down the Walls, and this podcast discusses Norma’s vast experience in how women can excel in any career environment, especially in a male-dominated one.
Women & Careers: How To Excel In A Male Dominated Field
- How has the women’s movement changed since you became a pioneer on Wall Street?
- What was the male reaction to you walking the floor of the Exchange?
- Are women leveraging the opportunities they have now that women didn’t have in the sixties? Or do you feel they are being wasted?
- What traits make for a successful career in a male dominated field?
- What advice would you give a young business woman today?
To learn more about Norma Yaeger and her upcoming book Breaking Down the Walls please visit her site NormaYaeger.com
This podcast is presented by Annie Jennings, of the National Publicity Firm, Annie Jennings PR and the creator of JenningsWire online magazine. JenningsWire is a diverse community of talented, insightful and relevant bloggers that share helpful and perhaps life-changing posts and podcasts. Please enjoy more posts on JenningsWire.com and discover bloggers that might be perfect for you!
If you are using a mobile device, please click here.